Terms & Conditions
For Students Attending Our Classes
- Availability: Although we do our utmost to accommodate all our students, we are unable to guarantee any places. Should no place be available, the student will be placed on a waiting list and places will be offered if they become available during the course of the academic year. We are unable to indicate when places are likely to become available, but can range from a few weeks to 1 year or beyond. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, so we encourage all parents/students to register early. Students who are already attending at the time we break for the summer holidays will be given priority to continue in the new academic year.
- Payments: The monthly payment indicated (£25) is per student, per subject. 1 month advance payment required. Each student must also pay for educational work materials (a one-off fee of £10 per subject) which will be provided and used throughout the academic year. Please ensure you make payment after you have completed and submitted the registration form and received confirmation of availability. Payments must be made in full at the time of registration – no deposits can be accepted. Students who have not paid in advance will not be permitted to attend class. Cash payments can only be accepted on the last Saturday of each calendar month. Cash payment by post is sent at your own risk. Please ensure sufficient funds are available in your bank account before making payment – an administration fee of £10 will be applied should any payment fail to clear, including any cheques returned unpaid (bounced), cancelled or represented, and credit/debit cards or standing orders being rejected. Parents are responsible for ensuring payments for each month are made in advance and by the given deadline. The date for each payment deadline can be found on our academic calendar page. An administration fee of £5 (per student) will be charged for late payments; you also risk losing your place to another student. For payments that remain outstanding, EducateFirst may refer the matter to a legal representative and/or debt recovery agency. In any case, you will be liable to pay all associated fees and costs, which will be added to your account.
- Subjects: Students may opt to change or cancel the classes they attend only at the end of each calendar month. Students opting for a new subject will be required to purchase educational work materials for that subject.
- Responsibility: It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure their child is dropped off at, and picked up from, class in a timely matter. EducateFirst cannot be held responsible for the welfare of any child out of class hours. Similarly, we urge all parents/guardians to instruct their children not to leave the classrooms/building during when waiting for their next lesson or during any break times. Although we do our utmost to ensure child safety at all times, our staff is unable to monitor all children during such breaks. EducateFirst cannot be held responsible for any child who is not present in class for whatever reason. It is also the responsibility of the parent/guardian to inform EducateFirst if the child has any learning difficulties, medical conditions/allergies or is taking any medication.
- Progress: Parents may arrange a short appointment with the tutor either before or after the lesson to discuss their child’s progress (1 appointment recommended every 2 months).
- Refunds: Refunds will be issued for any lessons cancelled by EducateFirst or if your selected classes do not go ahead. No refunds can be issued if a student does not attend a lesson for whatever reason, and nor can lessons missed be carried forward into the following month. However, if you inform EducateFirst that a child will not be attending a lesson(s) in the following month, BEFORE making payment for that month, then you will not be charged for any lessons that will be missed. Any special cases for a refund request must be provided in writing and will be reviewed by the management team. If deemed appropriate, we will issue a refund or carry forward lessons at our discretion – the management team’s decision will be final.
- Cancellation: In the event of unforeseen circumstances, EducateFirst reserves the right to cancel lessons at short notice. All attempts will be made to contact and inform parents/students of any cancellation as soon as possible. If you no longer require tuition or will not be attending any month, please let us know so that your place can be offered to another student.
- Exclusion: We promote good behaviour at our learning centres. EducateFirst reserves the right to exclude any child, without refund, should they cause a disruption to the learning sessions. In the event of serious misconduct or if a child is deemed to be a risk to other students and/or staff, EducateFirst reserves the right to exclude the child with immediate effect and without notice.
- Liability: EducateFirst offers a service to help students perform better at school and achieve better exam grades. We are unable to guarantee success and are not liable for the outcome of any exam results or coursework marks.
- Workbooks and other materials: Students will be provided with essential items, which must be replenished or replaced at the student’s/parent’s expense. All worksheets and other materials must be taken home by the student at the end of each lesson for the purpose of continued learning/revision. All workbooks must remain at the centre. If required, students may purchase workbooks for use at home. Any materials/property belonging to students must be collected within 1 month of the date of their last lesson. After this period all materials/property will be disposed of appropriately. EducateFirst cannot be held responsible for loss of any personal belongings.
- Personal details: By providing us with your details and/or other information, you agree that we may hold this information on our secure database. We will not pass on your personal details to any third party without your consent. However, it may be necessary to share some of your details with our senior management staff to ensure we are able to provide you with the service you have requested. We may also use your details (e.g. your email address and mobile number) to send you information relating to our services and/or invite you to join our communications network, including social networking websites; you are under no obligation to join or accept such an invitation. You can also opt out from receiving any communication from us at any time.
- Communication: All communication with our tutors must be arranged by appointment via EducateFirst. This applies to whether you wish to discuss your child’s progress or would like to enquire about additional tuition for your child. EducateFirst has a duty of care towards its students – for your child’s safety we request that you DO NOT exchange any personal details (including address, telephone number, email address, social network details) with the tutors or any other member of staff. Please do not hesitate to contact us or speak with your centre manager if you have any questions.