EducateFirst's response to the pandemic
We have been keeping constantly abreast of the regular updates and advice provided by Public Health England and the UK Government. As you will be aware, the guidance is constantly changing to help contain the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Re-opening of our learning centres
Our highest priority is ensuring the safety, health and well-being of our students and staff. We continue to follow government guidelines and liaise with local authorities to plan the safe re-opening of our learning centres. To allow social distancing, fewer classes may run and a limited number of places may be available. If you have made a payment but we are unable to accommodate your child due to changes in the ongoing situation, your place will be reserved for when your tutoring sessions are able to commence.
Some of our learning centres have re-opened. This is subject to change at short notice following any changes in government advice:
- Leeds – Now open
- Huddersfield – Opening date to be confirmed
- Bradford – Now open
Your safety comes first
IMPORTANT COVID-19 Policy
- COVID-19 symptoms: If a student or any member of their family has COVID-19 symptoms they should not attend the class and should self isolate as per the government guidelines. We are unable to offer refunds or carry lessons forward for any lessons missed for whatever reason.
- Social distancing: Everyone in the building should observe social distancing at all times.
- Hand sanitiser: Although each centre will endeavour to make hand sanitiser available where possible, we actively encourage students and parents to bring their own.
- Face coverings/masks: Everyone (staff, students, parents and visitors) must bring their own face covering/mask and wear it before entering the building. Students not wearing a face covering/mask will not be allowed to attend class unless they have a medical note indicating reasons for exemption. Tutors are not required to wear a face covering/mask during teaching time but must do so at all other times.
- Timing: Students must arrive on time for their class but must not enter the building until 5 minutes before class time. Parents may enter the building only to collect children 5 minutes before the end of the class. Everyone should leave the building promptly in an orderly manner maintaining social distancing.
- Waiting parents: Parent are not permitted to remain in the building during class times. Parents waiting for children may wait outside the building, preferably in their vehicles where possible.
- Visits by appointment: Only parents/students who have registered and had their place confirmed may attend our learning centres. All new parents/students must make an appointment should they wish to visit the centre. Appointment link: www.educatefirst.co.uk/appointment/
- Stationary/equipment: Students must bring their own equipment, including notebook, pens, pencils and calculators. Students must not share equipment or stationary with others.
- Seating plan: In most cases, tutors will have a seating plan for their students. Students must adhere to this plan and remain seated during class times.
- Toilet breaks: Toilet breaks will be kept to a minimum.
- Break time: All students must remain in class and abide by the above rules during break times.
- Policy adherence: Anyone not adhering to the above rules will not be permitted to remain in the building.
We will keep our parents and tutors updated should the situation change. Please visit this page for up-to-date information.