Student terms and conditions
Terminology: The term “student” or “you” refers to the person(s), including their parent(s)/guardian(s)/nominees requiring or requesting tuition or any other services from EducateFirst; “tutor” refers to a person suitably qualified and experienced to provide tuition services in specific areas of expertise; “us”, “we” or “our” means EducateFirst (Ltd).
1. During the registration process and at any other time, the student must provide EducateFirst with accurate and current information about him/herself, including his/her name, address, telephone number, educational requirements and any other requested details. By providing us with your details and or other information, you agree that we may hold this information on our database. With the exception of our senior management staff and your appointed tutor, we will not pass on your personal details to any third party without your consent. However, you agree that we may use your details (e.g. your email address) to invite you to join our communications network, including social networking websites; you are under no obligation to join or accept such an invitation.
2. Registration is FREE; however, advanced payment for the first lesson is required. A full refund will be offered should EducateFirst be unable to secure a tutor within 2 weeks. However, if the student cancels and no longer requires a tutor, they are only entitled to a 50% refund of the amount paid.
3. For one-off lessons, induction lessons and lessons that will not take place of a weekly basis, the student agrees to pay the agreed fee to EducateFirst in advance by the agreed date. For continued weekly tuition lessons, the student agrees to pay the agreed tuition fees when billed at the end of each calendar month. All payments must be cleared within 7 days.
4. You agree to ensure sufficient funds are available in your bank account before requesting our services or making payment – an administration fee of £10 will be applied should any payment fail to clear, including any cheques returned unpaid (bounced), cancelled or represented, and credit/debit cards or standing orders being rejected.
5. Where applicable, the amount due will be debited from your account if payment has not been cleared within 14 days of the date on the invoice. Where a payment is not made within 14 days of the requested date, an administration fee of £10 will be added to your account and we reserve the right to terminate your membership and cease any further services. Late payments may be further subjected to an interest charge at the Bank of England base rate plus 8% as recommended by the Late Payment legislation for small businesses. Continued failure to pay fees will result in legal proceedings, the cost/fees for which will also be charged to the student.
6. The student is responsible for payment of fees to EducateFirst and not to the tutor. The student must not discuss fees and/or any other charges with the tutor.
7. The student must not seek, receive or accept tuition from the contracted tutor or any other tutor who is a member of EducateFirst without prior agreement with EducateFirst.
8. The student agrees to sign the tutor’s timesheet after each lesson. In addition, the student must keep his/her own record of the number of hours of tuition received.
9. By registering to use our services, the student acknowledges that individual tutors may have different teaching methods and styles, and that although tutors are selected by us, they may not have received training from EducateFirst.
10. The student acknowledges that EducateFirst is not responsible for the tutor’s performance or the outcome of the tuition and/or other services received by the student.
11. The student shall indemnify EducateFirst in relation to any liability arising from the student’s use of the website, tutoring and/or other services and all matters arising from such use.
12. The tutor cannot be held responsible for child minding/babysitting, guarding a house and household effects, during the tutoring session. It is the responsibility of the student and/or nominee to ensure that a responsible adult remains on the premises at all times.
13. The student is responsible for informing the tutor and EducateFirst of any periods where tuition cannot take place or is not required. This includes illness, holidays and other periods of absence. Please give a minimum of 24 hours’ notice (except in unforeseeable situations). Cancellation of contracted tuition lessons or other services without due notice may result in the student still being charged at the agreed hourly rate.
14. The student must give at least 7 days notice in writing to both the tutor and EducateFirst should tuition no longer be required. This will allow the tutor to plan and/or complete his/her work with the student as well as plan his/her other commitments. Students may either e-mail or post their notice to EducateFirst.
15. The student understands that EducateFirst has the right to suspend or terminate its services at any time if, in our view, there has been a breach of the contract, abuse of our services or the bringing of our services/company into disrepute.
QUICK LINKSHome tuition - terms and conditions,